Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Name Coming - Making Lemons into Lemonaide

I have been publishing this blog for some time now under the current title of Easy Money in Real Estate: Telling You How Real Estate is Really Done.  I have decided that a makeover is in order.

I am going to rename this blog to be "The Lemonaide Stand" and integrate it with my electronic newsletter (coming soon).  Yes, I am aware that I am using an old way of spelling lemonade, since in current dictionaries he "i" after the "a" has been dropped.  I am spelling it this way deliberately to emphasize the "aid" nature of this endeavor.

When, I first started this column is was with the intention of actually dispelling the myth that it is easy to make big money in real estate.  I have listened to many "experts" sell their solutions on how to make lots of money really fast in real estate.  They are still selling that line to those who will listen.  I know that making big money in real estate is very possible.  It is even very simple at times, but it is never easy.  No one should ever confuse simple and easy.  That is a very dangerous and costly confusion to deal with.

So, I am emphasizing the aid element in my new endeavor.  It is based on the aphorism that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, or lemonaide.

There are lots of lemons being handed out in today's economy; unemployment and foreclosures to name two of the biggest that many people face.  My desire with "The Lemonaide Stand" is to provide a forum where people of ordinary means can find ways to turn the lemons life is handing them into something good, lemons into lemonaide.

Shakespeare asked, "What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."  No disrespect to the Bard, but a name means a lot.  In the past this column was focused pretty narrowly on real estate, and although there will be a real estate related thread in the newsletter (and hence this column) there is more to the Lemonaide stand than real estate.

Imagine for a moment that you are living the life you want.  How does it feel inside you when you imagine that?  Can you actually feel the easing of tension in your chest, neck and back?  Do you feel the warm rush of well-being suffuse your body as the endorphins (or as I jokingly call them n-dolphins) swim through your blood stream at the speed of thought?  I do.  I am going to help you to Get and Keep the Life You Want (tm).

We will deal with Work, Relationships, Wealth, and Health.  You will learn to:
  • Get and Keep the Job You Want (tm)
  • Get and Keep the Relationships You Want (tm)
  • Get and Keep the Wealth You Want (tm)
  • Get and Keep the Health You Want (tm)

I am in a fairly unusual position.  I know quite a few people who are living the life they want.  I will bring to you their stories.  I will help you to apply their lessons to your life so that you can Get and Keep the Life You Want(tm).

Aside from knowing some very successful, fulfilled people, "what qualifies Tom to do this?" you ask.  Well, I am pretty much living the life I want, and have for several years.  So, learning from others and knowing a few things for myself, having done some things that very few people around me have, and having the desire to help, qualifies me for the job.

So, I hope you will subscribe (click on the "Follow" button) and follow this newsletter, not just tune in once in a while.  I hope you will read it and challenge what I say.  But most of all, I hope you will decide to do what you need to do to Get and Keep the Life You Want(tm).

Tom Sheppard has been successfully investing in real estate since 2001 while working part time. In 2008 he left a six-figure job as an enterprise project manager with a major national bank to manage his real estate business full-time. His goal is to help 100,000 people find peace of mind by finding quality, affordable homes. Why pay retail when you can buy a home at below market prices? www.buybelowmarket.com. He is currently looking to expand his network of funding partners who are helping him achieve this goal. If you would like to know more about how you can do well by doing good, contact Tom at TSheppard@ADBProperties.com

No comments: